About the site
- I remember using the omnipresent wordpress, blogpost and other CMS a decade ago, and hosting it on crappy hosting services with buggy implementations.
- Fast forward to 2020, the necessaity of a personal portfolio webpage inspired me to try something different. The result of which is an attempt to design and make this portfolio & blogging page.
- Searching around made me read about Static Web Pages and how it was taking over the domain of blogging, and basically sites with static content, by storm.
- Consequently, after due deligence, I have gone on to use the fabuolous Hugo Static site generator(SSG) and hosted it quite effortlessly on Github Pages. (You may do it on any VPS)
- Hugo uses Markdown as a writing language, which is better suited for static information & blogging sites, than HTML, which is a publishing language.
- You may check the speed at which pages load on this website. That ones entirely coz of the SSG!
- Hugo has a certain learning curve, but when done properly, is quite satisfying.
- Big shout out to the hugo-coder theme that i have used for this site.
I am Jithin Saji Isaac,
Department of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering,
Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mumbai.
If by any chance you are interested in what i do, read on!
- Do It Yourself
- Everything is available, one only needs to search
- Learn, unlearn, relearn
- Make, break & remake
- Open Source Hardware OSHW
- Free & Open Source Software FOSS
- Embedded Systems
- Internet of Things
- Low Power WANs & PANs
- Low Cost Hardware Prototyping
- PCB Designing
- Full Stack Web Development
- Cloud computing
- Everything Tech
- Current Affairs
- 3D Printing on Fusion360 & FreeCAD
- nRF Microcontrollers -Bare metal
- SAMD & ST Microcontrollers -Bare Metal
- Front End: VueJS
- Backend: Django Python
- Cloud Certifications